Effective Individual and Group Therapy for Women
Addiction has deep roots that often connect to feelings we are not yet ready to address. We cover past hurts by using, hoping to numb our pain. While we might achieve temporary relief, the long-term effects are far more devastating. Only when you address the underlying emotions that led to your addiction can you truly overcome it and achieve long-lasting recovery.
Our goal at JourneyPure Voyage is to prepare you for success once you leave our facility. We accomplish this by facilitating programs that help you expose behaviors that have proved troublesome to you outside of treatment.
As a JourneyPure Voyage client, you will participate in six hours of group therapy for addiction per day, as well as daily 12 Step meetings and individual therapy sessions. Our mission is to treat women struggling with addiction, co-occurring mental disorders and trauma — and that is why our licensed therapists have developed group treatment strategies and individualized treatment programs that promote personal growth and healing.
Learn more about how our individual and group therapy for addiction can assist you in achieving long-term recovery.
HOW DOES GROUP THERAPY for Addiction WORK?
During group therapy for drug addiction, you’ll learn to interact freely with other group members. As a result, unhealthy patterns of communication will expose themselves. We have developed an environment that promotes a sense of safety, so you can begin to experiment and find alternative ways of treating yourself and others. Our group therapies involve psychodrama, role-play and experiential techniques.
You’ll go through a natural process of discovering your true identity while learning self-acceptance and the acceptance of others. At JourneyPure Voyage, we believe in growing together through enriching conversation, encouragement and honesty.
How Does Individual Therapy Work?
During individual therapy, you’ll work one-on-one with an experienced addiction specialist. Together, you’ll examine your past and the emotions associated with it. You’ll uncover unresolved feelings that have led to and sustain your addiction.
Once you uncover these underlying emotions, true healing can begin. From a place of greater strength, you’ll be able to develop key skills that will help support your long-term recovery journey. From techniques for dealing with stress to more effective ways of communicating, individual therapy will give you the tools you need to achieve a better life for you — and your loved ones.
The Benefits of Individual and Group Therapy
Effective group and individual therapy are extremely beneficial during your journey towards healing. They not only allow you to experience personal growth, but they also teach you how to make and maintain healthy relationships in the future, outside of the struggles of addiction and mental health disorders.
So, what are some of the benefits of integrating a mix of individual and group therapy into our treatment strategy? With a customized treatment plan designed by the expert team of addiction specialists at JourneyPure Voyage, you’ll benefit from:
- Added support. In our treatment program, you will have the opportunity to share your story during therapy sessions. Since many residents struggle with similar challenges, you’ll no longer feel outcasted or alone. Whether your individual struggle is addiction, trauma or a mental health disorder, you can be at ease knowing you are not the only one dealing with this issue.
- Additional perspectives. Talking about challenges with others gives the added benefit of gaining further perspectives regarding the situation. Essentially, group members will see things in a way that you may not. Obtaining this wider range of outlooks is beneficial for personal growth and development, and it will serve as an asset while dealing with any type of problem in the future.
- Developing better social skills. Opening up in a group setting will help you ease your sense of personal isolation. Our team at JourneyPure Voyage wants every resident to not only learn relationship-building skills, but also build those connections during their stay at our facility.
- A new self-awareness. The expert therapists at our facility believe in treating each woman’s “whole” self. In order to accomplish this goal, it is important that you acquire a sense of self-awareness. When interacting in a group setting, women are able to see themselves through the eyes of others (through healthy communication). This ultimately helps you discover a new sense of self like never before.
- Learning new coping techniques. Life changes, whether they are good or bad, can bring stress. Whether you’re grieving from the death of a loved one or starting a new job, both can put stress on your life, which can trigger you to use again. At JourneyPure Voyage, you’ll develop new techniques that help you recognize stressors and address them in a healthy way. Instead of turning to past bad habits, you’ll have new ones that will carry you through a time of transition.
Our therapists have developed the best treatment strategies that include the perfect balance of both individual and group therapies. It is critical that every woman that enters our facility grows as an individual, but also makes meaningful connections with others during her stay. We are here to help women uncover their “whole” selves and get on the path towards a life away from the reigns of addiction and mental health disorders.
Get Started on Your Journey to a Better, More Rewarding Life
JourneyPure Voyage is the leading treatment facility specializing in the unique needs a woman faces when struggling with addiction. We are the leaders because we care. Out of our dedication, we have designed a holistic approach to treatment that includes a range of therapies, including individual and group. To get started on your journey to long-term recovery, contact us today online or call 615-965-8909. Today is the perfect day to ensure a brighter tomorrow.