Are you struggling with anorexia or another eating disorder? JourneyPure Voyage can help! Learn more about our comprehensive, personalized recovery programs today by calling (615) 939-9294.
Anorexia Treatment for Women
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by distorted perceptions of body weight and shape, low self-esteem, depression, obsessive-compulsive tendencies and an extreme fear of losing control, i.e., gaining weight. Anorexia is a serious mental health issue that needs addressed by the same type of therapy and programs we offer substance addicts at JourneyPure Voyage.
You or a loved with the following signs of anorexia should contact our Tennessee anorexia treatment center as soon as possible:
- Having a body mass index less than 16, which is considered emaciated.
- Eating only enough food necessary to minimally sustain life. For example, an anorexic may limit themselves to a spoonful of oatmeal and glass of water for breakfast, a small salad at lunch and two or three bites of supper. They may drink copious amounts of water or diet soda throughout the day to help repress hunger pangs
- Developing an obsession about weighing all the food they eat. An anorexic may carry a small scale around to weight food when eating outside the home.
- Abusing laxatives, enemas and diuretics to expedite weight loss.
- Excessively exercising, sometimes more than four or five hours a day.
People who have been anorexic for years may suffer chronic health issues such as anemia, jaundice or yellow skin, an abnormal growth of body hair called lanugo, osteoporosis and even brain damage.
Women’s Anorexia Treatment at JourneyPure Voyage
JourneyPure Voyage’s anorexic patients receive a comprehensive series of therapies targeting the root cause of their eating disorder. We provide cognitive behavioral therapy, nutritional counseling, family psychotherapy and holistic activities personalized to meet the patient’s unique needs. Many of our anorexic patients have suffered emotional and/or physical abuse or were raised by uninvolved, neglectful or authoritarian parents. Strong media perceptions defining what makes women attractive is a concept we also discuss with our patients as we teach them how to accept and love themselves for who they are as human beings, not sexualized objects.
JourneyPure Voyage has compassionate, experienced therapists and counselors trained to help women suffering with anorexia recognize and defeat psychological problems emerging from childhoods stained by emotional and physical trauma. If you are anorexic, participating in our specialized anorexia treatment for women program will help you understand why this debilitating disease has taken over your life and how you can successfully liberate yourself from the emotional and physical pain caused by anorexia.
Call our Tennessee anorexia treatment facility today. We can give you the kind of unconditionally caring, empathetic support you need to start living a healthy life full of meaning, stability and peace of mind. Contact us at (615) 939-9294.