Love Addiction Treatment in Tennessee
Have you ever considered the need for romantic relationships an addiction? Love addiction refers to the constant pursuit of relationships and devotion with a complete lack of intimacy. Love addicts are typically in search of the “honeymoon” phase of a new relationship: The stage of infatuation, flirting, and monogamy, but low commitment. It is common for someone suffering with love addiction to feel incomplete when single and look for validity of themselves through someone else.
While love addiction is the name, love does not really play a part in this addiction. A love addict uses his or her partner for his or her own satisfaction. It is not a mutual bond, and it is not mutually beneficial for both partners. Many love addicts jump from relationship to relationship, but long-term relationships are equally damaging. It is often the case that love addicts will have long-term, unhealthy relationships because manipulation is at play and both parties feel trapped. This can result in codependency, affairs, abuse, and threatening behaviors.
JourneyPure Voyage is a love addiction treatment center located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Our holistic rehabilitation program provides complete care for women who suffer from addictions and mental health disorders of all kinds. If you or someone you care about is addicted to love, get in touch with us today.
What is Love Addiction?
Love addiction refers to a man or woman being addicted to the rush of pleasure they feel when falling for someone. There is a chemical in the brain called phenylethylamine (PEA) that is released when we fall in love or experience a new romantic encounter. A love addict becomes dependent on the PEA arousal to feel good about him or herself or function at all.
What is the Difference Between Love Addiction and Sex Addiction?
It is possible, but not typical, for love addiction and sex addiction to coincide. The major difference is that sex addiction means that the person does not feel emotional connection to sexual activity any longer. It is simply a chemical transaction for the “high.” Love addicts, however, are in constant pursuit of superficial connections and depend on it for their own wellbeing.
Sex can absolutely be a part of love addiction, but personal connection cannot. Sex is used as a substitute for true intimacy. In fact, if a relationship becomes “too deep,” meaningful, or challenging for a love addict, he or she will likely exit the coupling in pursuit of another. Love addiction, at its core, is the addiction to the first phase of a monogamous relationship.
What Are the Causes of Love Addiction?
The causes of love addiction can vary. Love addiction can be the result of environmental factors, but it is believed some people are also more susceptible to the addiction for unknown reasons. Most often, love addiction is associated with previous abuse, assault, or rape as a child or adult. Any of these events can drastically alter someone’s understanding of love, intimacy, and relationships.
Additionally, sexual assault and rape can lead to someone feeling as though they are only valued for sex or faux-partnership. In this way, they self-sabotage relationships by assuming real intimacy is not option for themselves. If you feel you are self-sabotaging relationships or avoiding true intimacy, you may have love addiction. Consider the signs and symptoms of love addiction, which are listed below, to start working towards recovery.
The Signs and Symptoms of Love Addiction
Love addiction manifests itself in a variety of ways. Any of the following signs and symptoms of love addiction could indicate a need for treatment:
- Serial dating
- Serial short-term relationships
- Frequent online hook-ups or dates
- Staying in an unhealthy, unhappy relationship
- Feeling low self-esteem when your partner is not complimenting you or appeasing you
- Feeling angry when your partner is hurt or sad
- Frequent one-night stands
- Inability to stay single
- “Love at first sight” syndrome, or falling in love quickly
- Being “in love” with strangers or coworkers
- Looking for a new relationship when currently in a relationship
- Using drastic measures to attract potential partners
- Engaging in risky behavior to engage potential partners
- Neglecting friends or family to focus on dating
If you or a loved one is displaying these signs of love addiction, don’t suffer alone. Love addiction can be a lonely, devastating, and unhealthy way of living.
Love Addiction Treatment for Women in Tennessee
At JourneyPure Voyage, we have a love and sex addiction treatment center to help you recover from this difficult way of life. Love addiction can be emotionally exhausting, but we can help.
JourneyPure Voyage is the love addiction treatment center that focuses exclusively on the needs of women. Our qualified, expertly trained clinicians provide evidence-based care that addresses all aspects of health. Our welcoming, compassionate love addiction rehab is the perfect place to uncover the feelings that drive this disorder and lead a healthier lifestyle that builds a foundation for authentic, lasting relationships.
The love addiction treatment we provide is:
- Holistic. “Holistic” means our clinicians take every aspect of your health and well-being into account during treatment. We’ll evaluate your physical, psychological and spiritual wellness and provide you with the tools you need to enhance your personal growth.
- Evidence-based. JourneyPure Voyage utilizes therapies that provide proven results. Through techniques such as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and experiential therapies, you or your loved one can fully examine the motives and causes that lead to unhealthy relationships. Identify damaging triggers and learn how to cope with the patterns that precede destructive behaviors so that your future self is better equipped to handle stress.
- Compassionate. At JourneyPure Voyage, you’ll be surrounded by people who understand what it’s like to struggle with addiction. You’ll form connections with people who genuinely care for your health and well-being, and who are committed to helping you get better.
- Specialized for the needs of women. Get love addiction help in an environment that’s free from the sexual tension that can damage your progress.
- Comprehensive. If you or your loved one suffers from a pre-existing mental health disorder such as depression or anxiety, our qualified clinicians can provide a diagnosis and treatment.
Depression, Anxiety and Love Addiction
Depression and anxiety are more common in individuals who have addictions of all kinds. Fortunately, mental health disorders are treatable through talk, experiential and pharmacological therapies. The staff members at JourneyPure Voyage have the experience you need to correctly identify any pre-existing disorder that may contribute to love addiction. With our help, you can relieve the symptoms of these challenging disorders and get love addiction help at the same time.
Contact JourneyPure Voyage for More Information
Addressing love addiction itself, as well as coexisting disorders such as substance abuse or mental illness and possible past trauma, JourneyPure Voyage will treat you as a holistic individual. Our individualized treatment plans encompass a variety of self-esteem building exercises, creative outlets and even recreational activities. In addition, our high staff-to-client ratio can give you the support you need to treat love addiction.
Call 615–939-9294 or contact us online to discover the treatment options available today.