“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” -Tony Robbins
Though an estimated 21 million Americans abuse drugs or alcohol, fewer than 2.5 million individuals seek recovery through drug rehab each year. Twenty-one million. That’s more people than the populations of Tennessee, Arizona, and Ohio combined. Chances are that you or someone you know struggles with substance abuse and needs help.
So why do people who need treatment fail to get it? Though there’s no single reason, the commonality is that it’s difficult to take the first step on the road to recovery. For many individuals struggling with addiction, denial is the first demon to overcome.
FROM DENIAL TO DRUG RECOVERY
“You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters
Drug abuse is often coupled with denial. The individual struggling with sober recovery may believe the issue is under control while close friends and family shove the issue under the rug. This creates a vicious cycle where drug rehab in Tennessee isn’t even an option.
Individuals and loved ones avoid drub rehab due to:
- Fear of social stigmas attached to recovery treatment
- Belief that addiction can be overcome without professional help
- Tight finances that make it difficult to pay for a treatment facility
Despite all these doubts, drug rehab in Tennessee is designed to benefit your social life, finances, and mental health. The first step to seeking independence from drug addiction is to overcome denial. But how do you find a treatment program that’s right for you?
TIPS FOR SEEKING DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT
Once you commit to sober recovery, it’s critical to know how to find the treatment program that’s right for you. When looking for drug rehab in Tennessee, search for:
- Evidence based treatment. Whether it’s equine assisted therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy or trauma therapy, make sure the program is utilizing techniques proven to help individuals on the road to recovery.
- Tailored treatment. If no two individuals are alike, then neither are their addiction stories. A sober recovery program should tailor to each individual person, addressing his or her needs and unique problems.
- Comprehensive treatment. Is the duration of the treatment sufficient? Is the program holistic enough to minimize the chance of relapse? The best drug rehab programs will offer a comprehensive plan that extends the help of professional treatment to ensure success.
Are you struggling to find your footing on the road to recovery? Contact us today to learn more about drug rehab options in Tennessee and regain control of your life.