When it comes to therapy choices, one size does not fit all. This is why JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program offers dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) at our comfortable world-class treatment facility in Tennessee. DBT is one of the gold standards in helping individuals achieve better outcomes from addiction treatment. DBT produces excellent results for people who would otherwise struggle with traditional therapy models that focus on making major personality and lifestyle changes as part of early-intervention rehab.
If you want relief from an addiction to drugs or alcohol, an eating disorder, anxiety or other conditions, please contact our team today to discuss DBT addiction treatment options in Tennessee. We’re ready to help you build a stronger, healthier future through committed and compassionate care.
How Dialectical Behavior Therapy Works
In most traditional types of therapy, you will be asked to make rapid changes starting the first day of rehab. For some people, this creates a natural desire to resist the therapist or counselor. A resistance to change is completely normal and is not indicative of a disorder. DBT for addiction treatment acknowledges that you might be hesitant or unwilling to completely revise the way you think and live.
When you undergo dialectical behavior therapy, you will not be asked to make changes, but to accept the way your brain works and learn how to work with it. Rather than trying to overcome your desires or cravings, you will discover the keys to managing them effectively. This allows you to undergo intensive therapy without feeling like you have to become a completely different person as part of your rehabilitation.
DBT was established in the 1980s, so it’s a somewhat recent development in behavioral therapies. It uses many of the methodologies of cognitive behavioral therapy, but allows you to dig much deeper for the answers to overcoming your addiction. DBT is most frequently used to treat clients who have eating disorders, depression, bi-polar disorders, self-harming tendencies and dual diagnosis.
What to Expect From DBT for Addiction Treatment
The dialectical behavioral therapy process is multi-faceted and includes several key components:
- One-on-one therapy sessions — Women who partner with JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program engage in private therapy sessions on a daily basis. These one-on-one sessions are geared towards self-discovery. The therapist does not seek to change the way you are, but to help you understand how to make the most of your strengths and healthily deal with your challenges.
- Group therapy sessions — DBT encourages learning more from other people, and finding out how to better react in social settings. This is where group therapy sessions come into the picture. Every day, you will be part of group rehab, which helps you learn from others’ experiences and share your own experiences when you feel comfortable. You are not expected to tell everyone your secrets, but we encourage you to participate as fully as you can in these small group situations.
- Homework assignments — To learn more about yourself through DBT, you will be assigned regular homework. Homework can be anything from a writing assignment to a behavioral assignment. This will take up part of your day at JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program, and we build it into your schedule.
- Journaling assignments — Keeping a detailed journal is essential to DBT. Your journal will be an excellent resource for you while you’re enrolled in rehab, as well as after you return home.
All DBT treatments at JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program are completely individualized, and your outcomes will depend entirely on how much you put into the process. If you’re ready to start working with your natural tendencies toward addiction, contact our team right away to discuss your options.
The Goals of DBT
The overarching goals of DBT are similar to the goals of any addiction treatment: to help you get better and learn how to make choices that will lead to positive outcomes. As you progress through your DBT treatment, you’ll move closer to the following objectives:
- Learn how to acknowledge your addiction — We won’t try to get you to remove your addictive feelings, but we’ll help you acknowledge them so you can effectively deal with them.
- Learn meditation and other skills — These skills will assist you in being mindful throughout the day. Through meditation and similar cognitive training processes, you can accept your addictions and cravings, and then release them without acting upon them.
- Find better ways to socialize — Many people with addiction struggle with social expectations. DBT rehab can offer you new ways to deal with the individuals in your life, from family members to co-workers.
- Get you closer to optimal health — You deserve to live a healthy, addiction-free lifestyle. DBT treatments for addiction can get you closer to that goal.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy at JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program
JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program is located in a beautiful region of Tennessee. Our peaceful, comfortable facility has been designed to give you the experience you need to recover from your addiction. Through DBT addiction treatment with our compassionate, medically-trained staff, you can finally put your addiction behind you and start a holistic healing process.