Heroin Addiction Treatment and Recovery for Women in Tennessee
Today, an estimated 4 million women across the country are addicted to illicit substances such as heroin. Heroin is a highly addictive drug that impairs your ability to make responsible decisions.
The initial decision to try heroin is voluntary. Whether experimenting recreationally or seeking an emotional escape, women try heroin without the intent of getting hooked. However, heroin is one of the most addictive drugs. Almost immediately after using heroin, women experience euphoria that can continue for hours and hours. Once the high wears off, users need more and more heroin to experience the same effect. In many cases, women struggling with heroin addiction in Tennessee find it difficult to seek help. Help is available and evidence-based treatment is effective.
At JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program we understand how difficult the decision is for women to seek heroin addiction treatment. Stigmas surrounding drug rehab in are shame inducing and discouraging. Our specialized programs are designed to make addiction treatment accessible for women in Tennessee.
A comprehensive heroin rehab in Tennessee like JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program offers modern treatment programs that can help heroin addicts understand why they became addicted in the first place and how they can successfully manage the anxiety, uncertainty and fear of living without heroin.
We have an experienced and compassionate staff of addiction specialists who will provide the support, insight and understanding necessary for all patients to complete our heroin addiction recovery program.
Heroin Addiction Treatment
Medically supervised heroin addiction treatment programs in Tennessee are designed to gradually wean addicts off the drug and transition them into a therapeutic recovery program. At JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program, our inpatient drug rehab is broken down into three major phases:
- Detoxification. The first step to healing is to stop using the drug. As simple as this may sound, detox is both difficult and dangerous. Although you won’t detox at JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program, we will assist you in finding a facility or hospital with detoxification capabilities. During detoxification, the body experiences an immediate chemical withdrawal from heroin. Symptoms of withdrawal include chills, goose bumps, fevers, insomnia, muscle pain, diarrhea, and twitching legs. Symptoms of withdrawal can last from a few days to a week. This is a common reason why heroin users benefit from inpatient residential treatment.
- Counseling and Therapy. After detox, JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program will bring you into our recovery center. Group classes and individual therapy sessions begin laying the foundation for lasting sobriety. Women learn how to deal with triggers (stressful situation or people) that tempt you to use heroin again. We utilize proven methodologies such as experiential therapy to reach deeper lying issues like trauma and other disorders. We teach women safe and effective ways to relieve stress. Equine therapy, swimming, hiking, yoga and meditation are effective exercises that teach coping techniques.
- Maintenance and after-care. Heroin addiction recovery for women in Tennessee doesn’t end once you leave treatment and return home. You will still require follow-up care to help you stay sober after rehab. Rec-Coach is one of many tools you can use to stay connected in recovery and find the long-term support you need. JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program also offers outpatient services at JourneyPure’s intensive outpatient facility in Murfreesboro, TN.
Choose JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program
At JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program, we understand that addiction is commonly associated with co-occurring mental and behavioral health conditions. In many cases, drug abuse is the result of a woman self-medicating the symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder.
Women entering JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program for help with a heroin addiction are frequently victims of physical and/or emotional abuse that happened during childhood or adulthood. Whatever the reason for an addiction, we know trying to cope with life’s ups and downs is difficult after experiencing severe emotional or physical abuse that leaves the victim feeling hopeless, alone and unable to cope with what seems to be an out-of-control situation.
You will grow tremendously into a strong, whole person while involved with our compassionate, in-depth heroin addiction treatment programs that also address co-occurring psychological disorders. Programs at JourneyPure Women’s Professional Program include:
- Educational groups
- Individualized psych care
- Individual and family counseling
- Recreational activities and experiential therapy
- Team building activities
- Nutritional meals, including an organic, whole foods menu
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention
- Aftercare, including access to Rec-Coach
Interested in learning more? Contact us to get your life back on track or call our helpline at (615) 907-5928 today.